Thursday, March 27, 2008

What happens when you tear a tendon and how to weed

He walks in, looks at me and says, “What did you do this time?” Now remember, I just was in two car accidents recently, so he (my family practice physician) has seen me recently...

I am lying down with my foot sticking out, other leg bent up. I point to my foot and say “I hurt it” with the most pitiful face you can imagine.

He takes one quick look at it and immediately says, without even touching it, “Well, you definitely tore something, that’s for sure.”

I guess because of how it was bruising it was pretty obvious.

So, update on sprained ankle: at the very least, I tore something. My doctors appt was very late in the day yesterday (in fact, I actually think I was very nearly his last appointment) and of course he only works in the afternoon today, so I probably won’t get a definitive “Yes you tore your blahblahblahblahblah” or “actually, you broke your blahblahblahblahblah” until tomorrow. Oh the joy.

It hurts. And it is so weird, my foot will just flop over if I am not careful. SO WEIRD!!! And it hurts like CRAZY afterwards. I did it this morning, and my word the pain killer still feels like it hasn’t kicked in yet…

And can you believe, I had to get a letter just so that I can wear tennis shoes at work? Craziness?? I think so!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

How to weed:

Mix water with the dirt till it is all muddy.

Then pull weeds. The whole root comes out. Brilliant, right? I weeded more of my new garden to make room to plant all the veggies I am starting by seed (btw, I planted a veggie garden last week…and some watermelon and cantaloupe…with the help of all of Mark and Janel’s kids. I think some of the peas are going to start poking their head out of the dirt today! I saw a little green something just under the dirt when I was watering them yesterday!!)

If you are feeling bad about wasting water, then follow up immediately by mixing mud with fertilizer, peet moss and what not and plant a garden. The water will then be soaked up by new plantage.

No comments: