Monday, March 10, 2008

Alive and fabulous!

No, not because Angel guy and I hooked up. That would be spectacular!

But this is almost just as good!!!!

I agreed to do overtime Saturday morning (I was a crazy person when I agreed to it, but whatev's) and when I got up I discovered that I had a mountain of laundry and NO clean pair of pants that fit me!

I look in my jean drawer and pull out a pair of jeans. I thought they were another pair, but no, they were a pair I hadn't been able to get myself into for a year.

Well, I have lost some weight over the course of the last 6 months...

so I give it a try, fully expecting to be TOTALLY disappointed and depressed.



drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...........................................



THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!
Now, it was 5:30AM on a Saturday morning when I put them on, so of course both of the roommates were asleep. As they usually are when I wake up in the morning. So I couldn't do my squeal of joy when I was able to put them on.
Dang it!!!
So I had to wait until I got to work...and only two people were here for me to tell (not many people worked overtime this weekend).
So then Sunday in Relief Society when we were doing our 'good news' bit, I totally told everyone and got the congrats I was looking for. I am a vain person I have discovered. But do you realize how hard it is for me to lose weight? The only reason why I lost it in the first place was because I had MONO for crying out loud. I gained 20 pounds over the last year, and I have 6 of those 20 to lose to get back to 185 (YAY!!!).
Then I will take a break, and then go for 170 which is my real goal weight.
But right now, I am happy. I have another pair of jeans I can wear! (squeal!!!)

5 comments:

Maria said...

Hey Elizabeth- I'm wandering over from Michaels blog to yours. Anyway, that is totally exciting about your pair of pants. I understand the feeling! So, it looks like you are in the Easter pageant? HOW AWESOME IS THAT? Well, thanks for letting me swing by. Have a great day!

Mindy said...

you rock girlie I'm so proud of you. It's funny how those little victories can just make your day! Keep at it. 170 is my goal too (after the baby of course) We can totally do it!

Ok you need to just ask the Angel boy out. It really isn't that hard. Just invite him over to our house after practice or something. Trust me it will be totally worth it. =)

Rocketgirl said...

Woohoo!! Yay for pants that fit!! It's so expensive and hard to find good pants, I do my own squeal when I find pants from my past that will fit. Doesn't happen often though:) And on the Angel thing - I'm DYING here!! He needs to make a move - YOU need to make a move - gah, I have no advice but I'm SOOOO pulling for you!!!!!!!

Aimee said...

That is one of the best feelings in the world! Good for you.

EmilyLemily said...

You already told me over the phone about this, but yay! And I am working on getting the pictures up on my blog of me with straight hair...google was having issues when I tried to upload them, so I will try again tonight most likely.

And I agree with Mindy. You need to just ask him to go over to her house with you!!! :) I love you!!