Wednesday, November 6, 2013

For the Win

So...there is this 8 year old girl. One of the two girls I nanny. She is as stubborn as they come. nd she lives in her own little world I think half the time. Quite different than her older sister. She  bounces about when she is happy, and plants herself to the floor when she doesnkt get her way.

When I asked her to do something, she instantly decided that she did not want to do it and wouldn't a lot of the time. I wasn't going to have it. So on a few occassions her father has stepped in to let her know she was to listenm Then thing is, I wanted to win her over. Get her to do things because she wanted to do them for me. So after watching and observing her for quite a while, I have discovered that she responds to games. If I dare her to do something, she will do it. The time game doesn't work well for her...but tickling does.Threats make her shut completely down. So, I have to get creative. BUT, I can't and don't want to make EVERYTHING a game. I decided to test the waters today. I asked her to put her socks in the laundry room. She started to walk away from them, and gave her a questioning look, and she turned around and took care of the socks.

Win. Hoping this keeps up! This is the first time it has taken this long for a young kid to realize how good they have it with me as their nanny.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Maybe it takes time to get the word from up here to down there about how awesome you are?