Sunday, December 10, 2006

Children singing

I teach the children at my church various religious songs to help them learn the Gospel. I LOVE teaching the junior primary. They are so sweet, and they do everything you ask. Senior primary is a challenge everyday. I have discovered that if I keep all of them directly in front of my, rather than spread out far to the right and left, I can keep their attention. But there are 2 of them who drive me bonkers and 1 who never participates, well, at least most of the time she doesn't. I wish I knew what I could do for her. I have decided that next time those two troublemakers cause a problem, I will take one of them out into the hall and give them a "halltalk" like we did with IRD, my old employer. The thing is they are both very sweet kids, but they just have too much energy built up inside of them. They need to learn to put that energy towards paying attention and being involved, not to being attention-getters. Anyways, they will sound great when they perform for church on Christmas Eve. I wish Bishop would have asked them to sing today, because I won't be here. Ah well. Such is life. Goodness, there isn't a faster way to feel the Spirit than listening to these kids sing. I love it!

I miss my Mommy SO much. I really need to be closer to family. I can't wait to move to AZ. I still say my parents should move there too. They live in NM. A lot of my Mom's family lives in AZ, and there is just something so wonderfully attractive about AZ. I love it so much and I can't wait to move back. The summer after I moved to Alabama I worked in AZ for the summer, and it just tore me to shreads when I moved away again. Gah!!! Leaving my family and my friends...it just really stank!

I wish there was something that I could do for my roommate. She is a theater major, and is so busy a lot of the time. She hasn't come to Church in a long time. She has performances, rehearsals and party's that go late, and so she gets home, conks out, and wakes up around the time I get home from Church. She really is missing so much. She is such a wonderful person, she has a strong testimony of the Gospel, she just needs to come to Church, at the very least for Sacrament meeting to partake of that ordinance. I really think her life would improve so much if she were to just do that.

Heather is sick today. She gets sick so often. I hope that this won't be something that haunts her for the rest of her life. She is such a sweet girl, and she is trying so hard to do everything that she is supposed to do. I hope she can hold on and stand strong. Her testimony is really growing. Today would have been her last Sunday here, but being that she was so sick she stayed home. She works as a nursery worker, and I am sure a number of parents will be grateful that she didn't get their kids sick, but still I think that she should've come to Sacrament Meeting. Maybe she was really down in the dirt sick, ya know?

That's all folks!!!

No comments: