Monday, April 4, 2011

To Be and To Do

Loved Conference. I am pretty much a super stickler when it comes to Conference. I watch all four sessions, I read/watch the Priesthood session, I take notes in my new journal that I get every Conference.

Now, who knew I would have to put it into practice so quickly?!

You see, my apartment flooded. Today.

Discovered it after coming home from a friends house after watching both morning and afternoon sessions there. It's a basement apartment, and so it happens. But it still is such a pain to deal with. It only effected my room. Most of the real damage was in my landlady's storage room.

Super lucky I felt such an urge the day before I went to New Mexico to clean my room and closet. A lot more damage would have been done had I not taken the time to clean. I'm talking books, clothes, papers, and so much more.

Pretty much all of my shoes were soaked through except for my tennis shoes, a pair of flip flops and a pair of nice shoes for work. We shall see what the final talley is when I go back tomorrow after things have dried.

Yes, I am staying somewhere else tonight. At a friends grandmothers house nearby my own house. I removed everything from my room to the living room if it was dry, kitchen if it was wet, or another closet if it was on a hanger. The only things not removed were the bed and a piece of luggage which I am fairly certain is ruined anyways.

I packed a few bags and now I am quite cozy for at least the night. We shall see how long it takes for everything to be cleaned/dried/etc. I believe this has given her the excuse to replace the carpet (hooray! It needed it) that she needed.

Yay for trials. Hope something good is coming!

1 comment:

Jane said...

That is the happiest I have ever seen a person be about their place flooding! Way to be tres positive.