Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On Family...

I was on the phone tonight with my Mom when she passed it over to my Dad so she could finish up something. He got on the phone and was in one of his super chipper moods. It was good to hear him talking in such a happy tone. My Mom doesn't really have what I call 'super chipper' moods...she is for the most part pretty mellow in a happy way. Usually. But she was obviously happy as I was talking with her as well. My sister, as I was talking with her the other day, was also in a good mood, despite the morning sickness and first trimester stuff she is dealing with right now. I don't really hold phone conversations with my bro-in-law, but I am sure that he was pretty dang happy too, being back home with Emily and a soon to be Dad.

I am just really grateful right now to be a part of this family. And am super excited that it is soon going to grow. I look forward to meeting my niece/nephew, and I am really excited to spoil him/her rotten...well, not rotten, but enough. But more importantly I look forward to adding my testimony to that of his/her parents and grandparents of the Gospel and of the doctrine that families can be together forever. I look forward to adding to the happy atmosphere he/she will be brought up in within this family.

Wow. I am going to be an aunt...:) Heart is full.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Looking forward to the first pictures! When is she due?

Elizabeth said...

May 30th...

Marla said...

Its been awhile since I've been on a blog....but I'm back to blogstalking you again! :) Fun to catch up! :)

Belle said...

Let me just say, you fit right in there with all the happy people! YOU are amazing! Can't wait till the holidays when we get to see you! :) Coming sooooon!!!