Monday, July 30, 2007

Going to bed early tonight

I think I might be sick. I felt very strange all day at work today. Like my brain just wouldn't focus.

There are a bunch of new people at work, some of which are male, rather young...and sitting just down the way from me. :) Yay for eye candy.

I haven't been to FHE in a long time. Probably a month now. I know, terrible, but when you aren't a member of a singles ward, and in the ward you are in the only single people are younger than 18 and older than 40, you have a lot of strikes against you for attending any sort of FHE. I could easily visit another ward. I was going to do it tonight, but feeling the way I do, yeah, wasn't going to happen tonight.

So I am kinda bummed, no institute for a few weeks. Even institute teachers get a break. :) So who knows what I am going to do this week...and for that matter, this weekend. Maybe someone will give me a lift to my Aunt's house in Casa Grande and I can hang with her for the weekend. That would be awesome.

I found out my good friend Rachel is coming home from her mission September 19th!!! Don't leak this to her, but I think I will take a vacation day that weekend and fly myself out to Alabama to surprise her. What do you think? :) I will rent a car so that I can easily get myself around. Who knows, maybe I will take a couple of days off and go to Atlanta? That would be fabulous.

That is, if I am able to save up the money. I have to buy a washing machine AND a fridge, cause they both died on me. I was going to today, but it wasn't able to come to pass. So much for getting a car any time soon.

Last night I read about the strength in weakness. There are lots of references to that phraseology, such as in Ether 12:27, 2 Corinthians, and others. In chapter 22 of the lesson manual for President Taylor, he talks a lot about that. Who knew that we could be strong in weakness. But that is the way we learn to rely on God, who is the greatest and strongest of them all. So it only makes sense that through our weaknesses we become strong.

I just wish I had different weaknesses. :) I suppose all of us do though.

Good night, miss all of you! Muah!

5 comments:

Clint said...

ok, that last comment was by clint. i hit "enter" too early.

Anonymous said...

If you make it over to Atlanta, give me a call...I know all the cool people. :-)

Rocketgirl said...

You BETTER do ATL;) And when it comes to a fride and washer, don't forget Craigslist, you can decent ones for little moneys. Our fridge is nice and big and just a year old, and it was a cool $300. ANd don't forget www.freecycle.org - people give away stuff for free they don't need, and washers pop up there. You can even request one too.

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

You should look at our blog

Scott Raisor said...

see my blog, do it if you want!