Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Okay, okay, I am posting!!!

One of my best friends discovered my blog tonight, and she told me how entertaining it is. She was referring especially to the hot guy alert post from back in June. I re-read it, and discovered that it was rather comical. :) Maybe I should do stand up? Or not, I think I will stick with writing.

She suggested I write a book. I actually have often thought about that, but I don't think I am ready for such a huge undertaking. I need more life experiences before I conquer that battle. But I do believe one of these days I will write and publish a book.

Okay, so would you believe, school started here in my neck of the woods!!! We have a year round school system in my town, and my word I nearly hit the floor when I saw this middle school aged kid walking down the sidewalk with a back pack! I asked him if school was in session, and he looked at me weird and said "yeah" like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Come to think of it, it really was. I mean, it is Arizona, monsoon season so it is rather muggy outside, and there is a middle school aged kid walking along the sidewalk carrying a backpack. You think he would do that just for fun?
To add to the enjoyment, he then added that he got on the wrong bus. This poor soul had walked 2 miles in the warm soggyness to get to his pad a few houses down. Now, at the moment I was very empathetic, but man when I got in the house I had a good laugh. Poor kid, he will never make that mistake again...unless of course the cutest girl at the school happened to be on that bus that he mistakenly took.

I finished the Harry Potter book, so all of you that have finished it are now required to call me so that we can talk. For the rest of you, you should know me well enough that I am not a spoiler, so don't even try!!! :)

So I made this video with Windows Movie Maker a few months ago using pictures of Warren and I and "our song" (Ordinary Miracle, Sarah Mclachlen, Charlotte's Web soundtrack). I hadn't watched it in a long time, so I watched it about a week ago. I was rather surprised at my reaction. I didn't cry, I didn't long for him at all. I was angry and frustrated with him. Why, I really couldn't tell you. That he couldn't forgive me? Yeah, that is frustrating. That he talks with me about other girls when we actually talk, and because of that our phone calls are fewer and fewer. I couldn't tell you the last time we talked actually. I guess it has been over a week. I probably won't talk with him for a few more weeks. I guess I am weening myself off of him. And yet, I still love him and if he were to land himself in front of me this very moment and try to win me back, I probably would cave in. It's just, I was so happy with him. Immeasurably happy. I really think he was too.

Alright, enough of that.

I got a job at a health insurance company. My cousin helped me get it, she works for the company as well. How long I will stay with it, I couldn't say. I have applied for a secretary position at ASU's School of Music. I think that job is as good as mine if I really want it, and I do. I checked the salary difference between the two jobs, and if they give me the highest payrate they are advertising for the position, it will be the same as the job I am at now. I would LOVE to work at the School of Music. I mean, can you say networking??? And I would have access to that library! Oh, it just gives me chills thinking about it. And dang it, no matter what job I get, I do it well and to the best of my ability. I hope they will give it to me.

Alright folks, that is all. Love to you all!!! MUAH!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't mean to pry, but if y'all were so happy together, and if you say you would cave in if he wanted you back, why did y'all split up in the first place?

-Ashley (Jones) Aynes

Thanaglim said...

I'm with Ashley on that one, yeah why?

I'm glad that you've finally written though it's been forever and I hope you do get that job at the school of music, how fitting for you :)

Well keep on writing and updating.

Kim

Rocketgirl said...

WOOHOO!!! You actually updated!! ANd I know the feeling of watching the ex and knowing that the reason it wouldn't happen is because of HIM, not me. I'm glad it doesn't make yhou cry:)
And I'm glad you updated!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Why? Well, bit of a long story. Not to go into details, I misunderstood something that he said, which made me seriously question his loyalty to the Church, which is totally absurd considering all that he has gone through and done for the Church. Because I questioned him, he didn't trust me anymore. And it went downhill from there. There are other contributing factors as well, but that is where it all comes down to.

Ashley said...

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're moving on. Best of luck with everything!