Monday, May 19, 2014

I was going to...

...write an entire blog post complaining about my non-functioning knee and all the things I can't do with it. Instead, I am going to write about something good.

This whole time I've been down and out, I have had a running joke that keeps on keeping on...and it hasn't been pushed by me.

I got my toenails done a week before the fateful accident. I decided to get gel-nails done, so that they would last and last. It was an extremely smart decision on my part.

Fast forward to 30 minutes after the accident. Sister missionary shows up, is helping, comforting, etc. She looks down at my toes and says: At least your nails look good!

Folks, that was the first time I stopped crying. I laughed.

The mission nurse shows up: At least your nails look good!

Nurse at the ER: Your nails look great!

Friend who took care of me for 72 hours straight: At least your nails look good!

A few more times, especially after I got home: At least your nails look good!!

So folks. The lesson learned is: I am forever and always going to get my toes done with gel nails.

2 comments:

Jane said...

They do look fabulous!
What's the difference in gel nails?

Elizabeth said...

They aren't acrylic, so they aren't as hard on the nails. BUT they are a harder and thicker nail coating, so they don't peel off like regular polish. As your nails grow, you can trim them with the nail polish still on.