Saturday, May 17, 2014

So This is a Story...

All about how my life got turned upside down.

Once upon a time I was living in paradise. Well, paradise with potholes and people who persistently disobey traffic laws.

THEN: the unthinkable happened. The job disappeared.

Yes, that is all the detail you will get on the disappearance. I wasn't fired. The job just ended quite suddenly.

THEN: the even more unthinkable happened. I dislocated my knee.

No, not the one I've dislocated about 15 times (honestly, that probably isn't an exaggeration) and had surgery on. THE OTHER ONE. While I was still in paradise. Paradise with great doctors and service but terrible supplies.

And that went down one day before the job ended and two days before I was flying back to the states.

That was May 1st. I am still waiting to find out whether I need surgery on that knee or if I can start torture physical therapy right away.

So. There you have it.

It's been quite the emotional roller coaster. I loved the family I worked for...the kids, the parents, and all the other people I worked with/hung out with. I loved the beaches. I loved being warm all the time. I loved my skin and my hair in paradise. I loved finding new things to do. I loved all the new things I did do.

And it's all gone.

So, my mental status has been a little totally all over the place.

Anywho. I might be posting more. Not sure about much in my life at the moment, so we'll see if blogging will really make a huge reappearance.

1 comment:

Jane said...

So sorry to hear about the knee. I hope it recovers well.
I don't suppose there are any other job opportunities there in Paradise when the knee gets better?