Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It was loverly...

I went home for the Easter weekend. Barely made it to New Mexico, being that I was thoroughly exhausted. Miracle I made it out, being that apparently Utah got a bunch of snow dumped on it as I was leaving town. I ended up stopping at pretty much every place I have ever stopped along that route because I had to get up and wake myself up.

Got home, said hello to the parents, gave my Dad his (late) birthday gift (crocheted slippers I made myself) which he loved, weeded with my Dad for a bit, did shopping with Mom and then went to Gardunos for dinner.

Saturday morning I went to breakfast with Dad at Golden Corral, which was nice. Then we got ready to go to a gathering. My nephew showed up (oh yeah, so did my sister and bro-in-law) and as soon as he got in my arms he laid his head on my shoulder and cuddled for quite a while...totally made up for lost time over the Christmas holiday where he was scared of me. Thus began us playing, laughing, gabbing, learning bad habits and cute fun ones...(I think the bad habit is way cute and hilarious, but his Mom doesn't think so). Loved loved loved it. Miss him terribly.

We gathered. We ate. We played. Bathed the baby, and then my sister and I met up with our Mom and we watched Mirror Mirror, which is an interesting take on Snow White. Not my favorite movie, but still, it had it's moments.

Sunday, Church at my parents ward, which is always lovely. I love that my Young Women's president is still there. We went home, rested, and then went to my sisters for Easter dinner and an early birthday celebration for me. 30 years old this year. The cake was absolutely amazing.

Monday, my sister joined Mom and I for birthday shopping, then we ate at the Standard in Albuquerque...LOVE that place. It was fun, it was like an old family dinner with the four of us, except Ike (my nephew) was an addition to the party. Of course, a welcome addition. He charmed all the waiters and waitresses, along with many customers. He showed his great ability to do 'Sooooo Big!'. The food was amazing.

I said my goodbyes to Emily, Ike and Dad, then headed to the house to load up the gifts along with other things I keep meaning to bring with me. For my birthday, I got a filtering water bottle from Emily, a teapot from Dad and an ice cream maker from Mom. Going to have a lot of fun with that last one!

The drive home was remarkably better, except for the last hour was very trying. I got pulled over in Monticello because I was speeding, but the officer totally cut me a break since I was honest and nice...he was SUUUUPER nice. He really was trying to get everyone to slow down anyways because this huge herd of deer were going through the town. It was stupid of me, I'd been watching my speed closely the whole trip.

And I made it home. Today was a looooong day. Tomorrow will be a little better I think.

Well, off to bed. Night.

2 comments:

Jannie, Mom, Grams said...

We always love having you home for a few days and when you go look forward to the next time you come! So did you see any deer?

Jane said...

Sounds like a great trip!
So glad you're there and back safely. The one and only time I've been pulled over - for speeding - was in Utah.
Happy Birthday too!!