Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cookie Making

If you follow me on Pinterest, you would know that I REALLY like Pinterest. I mean, I post pins pretty much EVERY day. If I don't post pins, it means my laptop is down or the internet is down...both of which are extremely unfortunate circumstances, as I can't feed my Pinterest obsession.

ANYWAYS, there was this fantastic pin that went through the popularity contest on the boards that shows you a picture with a bunch of different chocolate chip cookies. The first one is perfect. The rest are not. Each of the non-perfect cookies come with an explanation of what went wrong. Brilliant!!

So, I tested the theory out.

Behold, the first batch:



 They spread too much. My initial thought was they were too wet, which in fact my lovely pinned guide agreed with. The dough didn't have enough flour to hold the shape. So I added flour to what was left of the dough, and here is batch numero two:

 

 AMAZING the difference. I again consulted the oh so great and wise Pinterest, and discovered that refrigerated dough produces better cookies. Stuck the bowl begrudgingly (I LOVE cookie dough...) into the fridge for a bit, then shaped the cookies, and the results were:


Incredible, right?! Not a terrible difference between 2nd and 3rd visually, but these were perfect, chewy with the right amount of crispiness...yum!!

Also, I gave in and bought Ghirardelli chocolate chips...TOTALLY worth the extra $1.50...

And...that's a wrap!

3 comments:

Nilla said...

I love chocolate chip cookies. I love the dough even more. And now I really want some :).

Jannie, Mom, Grams said...

And where is the LINK to the cooky recipe for the oh so wise cooky maker and the cooky recipe?

Jane said...

I am always impressed with how much better food is with such small alterations.
And quality chocolate can never be a bad thing right?