Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Adventures in Not Sleeping

My name is Elizabeth, and I am an insomniac.

It's actually fairly rare that I have a night where I get absolutely no sleep.

In fact, the last time was probably in November, so the other night came as a slap in the face.

It was Sunday night, and I had had a 3+ hour long nap. Woke up at 6:30pm, and stayed awake until 10:30PM...the following night...

Yeah, not the most pleasant of feelings.

You feel it more the following day after you do get some sleep. Which was today for me! Yay!

What did I do all night?

Well, watched really lame youtube videos for a while. Browsed Pinterest, Facebook, StumbleUpon...

And I read. I read a LOT that night.

WARNING!! A bit of a spoiler in the paragraph ahead if you haven't finished/read the Hunger Games series

I blazed through the Hunger Games Series in 4 days time. I have to say, I very much enjoyed it...except the ending left me wanting a bit more...I wasn't completely satisfied...I mean, she could've lingered a bit on Peeta coming back to a more loving self and a bit more of a happily ever after, couldn't she? Hope the movie lingers on it once they get there...

Anyways, read Mockingjay all night long, in between stints of trying to sleep. At least I was able to zone out for decently long stints of time.

Then there was work. It was weird. My eyes are effected the most I think from lack of sleep...things were looking a bit hazy. Had to triple check everything I was reading. The brain worked great until about 6:00pm...an hour to go at work and it just wasn't working so well. Good thing it was fairly slow.

And there is my latest adventure. Ta Dah!

Moral of the story: Limit Sunday afternoon naps to less that 2 hours. Otherwise it messes everything up.

Night y'all

1 comment:

Jane said...

Poor thing. And you know, those Sunday naps really can mess once up. Even if they aren't predisposed to insomnia.