Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Roll Tide...The Road to Victory

It was Monday, January 9th, 2012.

All in the world of college football knew what this date meant...the BCS National Championship, being played by #1 LSU and #2 Alabama.

I, my friends, am a Crimson Tide fan.

Oh, you didn't know this? Ha!

Well, the game started at 6:30PM MST. I live in the MST geographical area.

AND I work until 7:00PM.

At about 6:30PM, my brain shut off. I told friends to update me via text. As hard as I tried to concentrate on my job, I just couldn't.

Then the work phone rang. At 6:58PM.

Yes, I was ON the phone as I should've been packing up and leaving my last note for the morning person to read.

I left at 7:08PM.

I would've ran to my car, but there was ice and a gate blocking that idea. So I walked. Briskly when I could.

Bless my roommate, she sent me the radio station where I could find play by play action...but the city I work in has radio issues...not sure if it's the mountains or all the power lines or what, but this city has some problems...so it didn't start working until half way to the grill...thankfully I have friends who text me play by play action...(no, I wasn't reading texts while I was driving...I would never do that...ahem...)

So, as I am speeding my way to the grill, every slow driver in the city decides to take the same path I am. The light was green, there was nobody coming, and yet the people in front of the always insanely long line of people turning left from Univ Ave to Univ Parkway thought that they should make me wait until they were the only one who could actually turn. And then the other people didn't learn in driving school how to use green left turn signals.

I am speeding along my merry way when this silver pontiac tiny speck of a car sees me coming and thinks 'yes, she'd be a good one to pull in front of and slow down today'...perhaps that person saved me from a massive ticket, and I should be grateful...but I was not...

Another 3 inept drivers at turning left and a totally packed parking lot later, I am finally RUNNING into the grill...

Then all was well. We ate. We watched. On a VERY large screen.

We won.

#14 baby!!! My, that looks better than 13...

Roll Tide!!!

Now to come off the 2 1/2 tall glasses of Dr. Pepper I drank...dang caffeine...

1 comment:

Jane said...

I know!! So amazing! Especially after the last time the two teams met. I want to know what went on in the training sessions that caused such a decisive shut out. So much better than I was expecting! Roll Tide!