Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Working and...confused

Well, I have worked at about 6 different places so far. I mostly have been the answer the phone person, but I have also been a notetaker. I like it a lot. I get the chance to be at a number of different places, and I am learning how to be a REALLY flexible receptionist. I am also learning how to use a number of different computer programs and a number of different styles of phones.
Today I am working for Chandler Hill Partners, which is a marketing company who helps people find jobs. I like it here, they have a really nice office, on the top floor of a really nice building, and the people that I am working for are pretty fun to work with. Too bad they can't market me! :) That would make my life so much easier. As it turns out, the person looking for the job pays for the service. Backwards from who I work for, where the company looking for an employee pays for the service.
I have friends! I finally was able to talk to most of my good friends the last few days. Julie, Amber, Franchesca, Becky. Nichee I text pretty much everyday, but I will also mention her for good measure.
You know what sucks? The last two weeks I have been getting responses to an email I sent out a couple of months ago asking for addresses for wedding invitations. The nice thing is that I am getting in touch with people who I haven't talked to for a VERY long time. Such as Tom! He emailed me recently. It was fabulous to hear from him. He and I were pretty good friends during college, but then he got married (the punk!) and I moved so we pretty much stopped talking then. It was so good to hear from him. I can't believe it, he is going to grad school! So happy for him.
Alright, why is muah confused? Well, let me tell you! So I had this dream the other night. I am not going to tell the internet world my dream, but basically Warren and I got back together. So the next day he calls...just to talk. Then two days later he calls again...the day he is leaving...and I miss his call in the morning. He says that he wishes me well with everything in his message. I thought he had already left, and I was in the worst of all moods that day, so I wasn't about to call him right back because it wouldn't have done either of us any favors. So he calls again that afternoon, and I answer it then. He asks me where I am, I tell him I am at home, and he tells me he is still in the area, but he is on his way out. He actually called that morning to see if he can come and say goodbye. Now, we already said our goodbyes on Sunday, so I had no reason to think that he wanted to see me. So then we talk for forever, almost the way we used to before things started going downhill. It was nice. And he tells me that he isn't mad anymore and that he is sorry for the fact that he ever was. Isn't that nice? He is being all nice and sweet, and he is leaving. :) Oh well. BTW, for those that aren't informed...he is currently in Memphis working for the summer.
ALTHOUGH...he may be coming back here because he is up for a HUGE commercial being shot here in NM for Giant...he would be the spokesperson for GIANT!!! As in the gasoline company!!! That is HUGE. Like, he wouldn't have to work for forever with a gig like that. So, they seem to be really interested, but unless they are for sure going to use him, he won't be coming back out here, which is totally understandable. Oh, I hope he gets it though. I am not being selfish with this either, because I probably wouldn't get to see him anyways, but this would be so wonderful for him. I really hope he gets it.
So anyways...I don't know why he is being all nice and stuff. I don't know if he is wondering if...well...nothing will happen for a long time even if something were to ever happen again between the two of us.
Alright people, Elizabeth needs a job! In AZ. That will pay enough that I can buy myself a car! Any ideas? I have found a few opportunities on the internet, but I am still open to suggestions! :)

No comments: