Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Magical Evening

Ever have an evening where you feel quite satisfied with how it turned out?

Mine was tonight...

I made it through a 2 week challenge of sorts that was stressing me out a bit...no, you don't get to know what it was, but let us just say it's quite wonderful that I made it through it with fairly few battle scars...

Being that I did make it through, tonight was going to be a good night anyways.

Then little tiny events made it even better

I did a little grocery shopping, splurged a little on some of those little laughing cow cheeses...I never tried one before, but I like cheese, so I thought what the heck. I also got another container of blueberries, milk, bread, frosted shredded wheat and chicken stock.

I drove home, and decided to break into the bag of cheese, and very glad I did...little ray of sunshine in a little red weird waxy packet...yum!

Made it into the driveway, and was having a serious debate about whether I should drive up to Jordan Commons to see The Artist (apparently it's the ONLY place in Utah that is showing that movie) at the 10:00 showing or to just stay home.

I compromised.

Before taking the groceries in, I drove to the closest Redbox and rented Midnight in Paris and Moneyball, two movies I have been eying for a VERY long time.

Got home, and decided to make a little feast for myself. Grilled cheese sandwich, a large plateful of just perfectly steamed green beans, 1/3 cup blueberries, 4 Dove dark chocolates, some of my amazing lightly buttered/salted popcorn, MILK, and Midnight in Paris. Oh, and a Healthy Choice Chocolate Fudge bar (they are amazing and only 100 calories!!!)

(sidenote: why is this the first Woody Allen movie I have seen? Seriously?? Are they all this beautiful?)

I enjoyed every second of my evening. The food was divine. I am seriously stuffed! The movie was beautiful. Totally buying it.

Seriously a romantic night of sorts. It would've been nicer to share it with someone, but being that for the foreseeable future I will be single, I will take a lovely evening like tonight.

Now to do a little reading, prayers, and hopefully a nice long sleep.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Not all Woody Allen movies are good, so I'm glad MiP is a good one.

Nilla said...

Tender mercies are wonderful :). They help get us through :).