Sunday, December 26, 2010

:D

I'm home. It's a good place to be, at least for a short while. It's the only place I can really call 'home'. I am such a transient, that no other place has ever really become a home. Plus, it's hard to call a place 'home' when it's not full of family love. Don't get me wrong, many of my roommates have been wonderful, and I love them dearly, but they aren't my family. One that I can be with forever.

Christmas was very nice this year. Got in Christmas Eve, took a nice long shower in MY bathroom, and we all went down to Old Town,. Nearly took off the head of the guy who claimed my parking spot but I decided to be Christian and let him have it...I ended up getting a better parking spot anyways. :) Had hot cocoa, got Christmas Tamales, and it was warm enough outside to actually sit down on the quad and talk. That was probably the best part.

Went over to Emily and Ison's Christmas day, opened presents, put together a puzzle and had prime rib with mashed potatoes, squash and salad. Ended it all with ice cream. It was a very nice and relaxed day, which is how it should be. We enjoyed visiting with each other and I monopolized Emily's baby bump for a while. I think I even felt the baby move in there, which was a wonderful highlight. We all went to bed a little early since we stayed up half the night.

Got some nice gifts, one of which is a new digital camera which I am very happy about. I am going to buy a case and a small tripod for it so that I can use it well and use it for a while. :)

So grateful that the weather dealt a nice hand for me, and it looks like I will be going back up to Utah in nice weather as well. Looking forward to seeing all my family on my Mom's side this week.

I've been brought near to tears a number of times while here....Sometimes it was because I was happy, sometimes it was because I realized how lonely I am, sometimes I think it was me being retarded and hormonal. :) It's been good though. Recharging my batteries. :)

Hope everyone had a successful and lovely Christmas. It's been a pretty good one so far. :) Much love to all of you!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds marvelous and fun. I love to hear other people's holiday traditions.