Sunday, August 15, 2010

Moving AGAIN...but this time to:

Utah.

Yes, you read that correctly. Utah.

Thursday I get a call asking if I would come up to Provo for an interview. I say sure! It's only a 8-9 hour drive. Why not.

Emily and I make it to Price at 3AM after we left after work Friday and just couldn't make it any further. We took advantage of her military discount and got a hook up on a room, took off the next morning and got to my interview. It went LOOOONG.

I will be working for a music academy in the Provo area that offers private lessons for many instruments. They have been around for over 20 years, and in addition to the music lessons they have a music theory lab and a dance studio they have begun. They are adding cello to their curriculum, and that's where I will be filling in. I will teach, I will assist with the lab, and I will help out in their office...at least until I get a full studio or I am able to convince the local community college to use me as an adjunct for music theory or really any of their general music courses to teach.

I am a bit nervous, but it's a start. I found out I have a cousin who is likely starting her masters degree at BYU, and I have a few other cousins on my Dad's side who live in the Provo area, so I will have a good group of family. Plus I have a few friends attending BYU as well, so I won't be without people I already know, unlike when I first moved to Alabama.

I am feeling pretty good about it, despite being nervous. It's a start. It's something to put on my resume. It may turn out to be something that I will keep doing for a while...or it may turn out that Utah and I really don't get along. :) It will be cool to live there and check out all the temples, for sure. And I will be able to attend conference at the conference center for the first time in my life. I am really looking forward with hanging out with my cousins...I haven't been around the Madsen clan in a LONG while...last time I saw most of them was at Grandma's funeral.

So. There you have it. Emily and I were SO glad to get back. I now have to figure out how I am getting all my stuff up there, where I am going to live, and all kinds of logistics along those lines. Going to be Goodwill-ing a few things, I think...

5 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a really cool job. I might almost go to Utah just to see you in it.

Elizabeth said...

lol, I am a bit wary about living in Utah, but it will be an experience at least. You should come for conference or something! That would be cool...

Ashley said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great adventure. Hope it works out. That job sounds great.

Nilla said...

Congratulations!! I know it's a scary step... I am so not into change. But I'm so happy you are getting a job in the field you have wanted to get a job in :). And I'm sure you will do great!

Sherry H said...

So glad I got to see you two, if even for a short time.