Thursday, November 19, 2009

And the winner is......(drumroll...........)

I have tonsilitis. I can't remember the last time that I had it...

I have been SOOOOOOOOO sore...but no fever, it hit me hard in less than 24 hours, it feels like I have 2 softballs (bigger than baseballs) in the back of my throat, swallowing is serious work unless I am swallowing lukewarm chicken n rice soup (not a fan of noodles), AND I am home from work...

So...maybe I will finally post Halloween pictures...

Or maybe I will stick with the plan of a movie marathon...

Eh...we'll see. Catching up on House and Office episodes is entertaining me right now. I am drinking TONS of OJ, Sprite (per Mommy), and soft foods like rolls, sweet potatoes, ice cream, soup, etc.

I will survive...just need to kick my feet up for a couple of days...I really hope to be better by Saturday...but we will see...

4 comments:

Jane said...

We are seriously the same person! (You're just more talented.) *I* am fighting tonsilitis again this fall. Not as advanced as your case but we're getting there. Have not tried the Sprite yet but will check it out today.
Hope you get well soon.

Rocketgirl said...

What is with your body?? It's like it's TRYING to kill you! ANd you just made me want some Sprite. What does that do for tonislitis?

Elizabeth said...

I have no idea, but my Mom always gave my sister and I Sprite when we were sick...maybe the carbonation helps break up the gunk and kill the infection...caffeine doesn't help, it makes it MUCH worse...yes, I know from experience...

Lindsay said...

Hang in there, Elizabeth! I'm glad you at least know what is wrong now.