Friday, October 13, 2006

Half-way through

You ever have dejavu? Yeah, totally having it right now writing this post.

So it's been a while. I have been VERY busy. I am halfway through taking tests that will say whether I graduate or not any time in the near future. And you know what? I totally aced the history one. Funny enough, the theory one might get me. I couldn't believe all the stuff they asked me to do for this Mahler piece. I had to analyze THE WHOLE MOVEMENT, and THEN do a REDUCTIVE ANALYSIS??? What the heck is that? What do they mean by reductive? How vague can we be people. So yeah, not so happy about that one, if you can't tell. The other pieces I think I did perfectly fine. The Mahler sure threw me through a loop.

So tomorrow is the day when I may truly go into convulsions during a test. I am not worried about the Schenker, I've got him down to an art for the most part. But writing an 18th century counterpoint piece may get me. The atonal stuff should be fine. Some out of the loop stuff may get me. I hope they let me analyze something. I like doing that. I have that partially down to an art, if I do say so myself. :) Well, really it is because I have a loving God who graces me with inspiration every moment of my life.

Gosh, I was so wiped out. I called friends, and no one answered. Finally one did, and although she was heading out of town, I think she heard the tone of desparation in my voice. All I needed was to go eat food with someone totally unrelated to the arduous music world that I am in at the moment. We went and got dinner. She thought I was drunk. I have never and will never taste alcohol. I was that delirious though. I made her pick the place, because I would have sat there in a daze, much like I am now. :)

Alright, later yo!

1 comment:

Rocketgirl said...

Soleil is "Sun" in French, so we just changed the spelling to make it more her own. With all the crap hitting the fan in the last few months, I knew she'd be my ray of sunshine:)