Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Fork

Tonight after the adult session of stake conference I decided to treat myself and got a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. (I got the Hershey Chocolate Bar Cheesecake if you were wondering...not my usual, but very good) When I got home, I emptied the bag and discovered the server had put two forks in my bag.
So what, right? Well, I got all kinds of introspect-y on those two forks. The server might have thought I would go home and share the slice with someone. (Anyone who knows me well would know that that would never happen...they can get their own slice ;) ) Or she might have grabbed two by accident. Whichever it was, I kept thinking that there really should be someone else that I could share a piece of cheesecake with. (Emphasis on could).
A member of the Seventy spoke at stake conference tonight. Even through being translated from Spanish to English, the messages I was supposed to get came through loud and clear.
After the session ended I went up and chatted with him. He asked me how I was doing, how I was handling things here in Puerto Rico (we've met before). I was honest and said that I wasn't so sure I should stay here three years, being that the dating scene is non-existent and I'm not getting any younger. He gave me a few bits of advice on that front, but the main bit of wisdom was that I needed to do what the Lord wanted me to do. That things could come together in the most extraordinary ways, as long as I do what the Lord wants me to do.
So. Going to make a checklist and get right on that. :)
And seek inspiration and make sure that I am where He wants me to be, and doing what He wants me to be doing.
And hopefully, by some miracle, I'll find the man that this fork belongs to.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Aww, that's sweet. I wish you luck and many great men in Puerto Rico. And lots of cheesecake to share with them.

Belle n Kent said...

I agree with that brother! And when it finally all comes together in an extraordinary way, you see the beauty and perfection of Father's plan for you, and you realize how oh-so-well He knew and knows YOU.

You'll figure out where you're supposed to be.

I love you, Elizabeth!