Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Visit

Discovered that a friend of mine was within driving distance from me! She said she hadn't let me know that she was here because she didn't have a car.

Now people, if you really know me, someone not having a car won't keep me from seeing them as long as they are a reasonable distance away and I can afford the trip.

I can TOTALLY handle Salt Lake City right now, any day of the week.

So I drove up, we walked around, saw Churchy things, ate Thai food, and then I drove her back to her peeps place.

I call that a good day.

I must be one of a kind. I know a lot people who won't bother with a trip because it's just too much of a hassle. Time constraints, money constraints, etc.

Me? I will do whatever it takes to see someone I care about...within reason. Sometimes without reason. I love to travel, so that's a plus, and I think seeing a friend and reconnecting is worth more than the gas and time that the trip took out of my life.

Wish there was a job that involved traveling and hanging out with friends all the time. I would have a pretty joyful life experience if there were such a thing.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Salt Lake City was one happening place this last week!
I feel really guilty I didn't call you now...I am ashamed.