Friday, October 3, 2008

I am a reptile...and Missing Home...

Peeling...and it's not the normal peeling either, this was a bad sunburn, so it's like the skin that comes off of a reptile, hard and BLECH...SO glad this is conference weekend, I don't have to go to church and worry about people seeing my horrible peeling skin...blech!

And NO I am not gracing everyone with a picture of this horribleness...truly yucky...I thought about doing a session at the temple tonight, but since the peeling has begun already I decided that I would rather the temple stay clean...

I am also dealing with allergies this week...I decided that that's what it is, not a virus or bacterial infection...the weather changed, which is appropriate because it is officially fall (yay! favorite season for sure!) and the pollen is being kicked up a notch so ta dah!! Warning to all other allergy sufferers, I usually am the first one to be attacked, so start up on your preventative medications now if you have any...

//////////////////////////////////////////

I was in AZ for a day, and it was amazing how wonderful it felt to be there...and I was there for a FUNERAL! You would think that it wouldn't feel quite so wonderful, but the moment I walked out of the car to unload and stay the night at BF Julie's house this overwhelming and lovely feeling came over me...

...maybe it was the fact that the AC in the car was blasting me and it felt nice to walk out into the AZ warmth, but I don't think it was...because it lasted...

...as we drove back to NM the next day, I admit I cried. Yes, I was in mourning...but I was also leaving the place that really is home to me...

...my homepage for my internet browsers is www.lds.org, and one of the headlines this last week was the casting calls for the pageants the Church produces every year...and the first one is for the Mesa Easter Pageant...

...I am missing home this week...

I'll be back one day...that's where I need to be I think...at least I would love to settle there, I really do love AZ...

(btw, I am the amazing artist that took that lovely picture of the Mesa AZ temple...pretty sweet picture, huh???

...I miss that camera, why did it have to die?!?!?)

1 comment:

Jane said...

The peeling skin thing is both gross and intriguing. But I am weird and love to pick at things. Hope it goes away soon. Do you use aloe vera on it? I find that helps a bunch.