Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A little adventure makes for a good time and randomness

Tonight for FHE they had a soup cookoff. I made record time getting home today, so I decided to use some of the carrots in the fridge and made Carrot and Orange Soup. Yep, Carrot and Orange soup, you heard that right. I tested this recipe out tonight for FHE. It was AMAZING! Butter, Onions, Carrots, sautéed, then mixed with Chicken Broth, brought to a boil, then simmered for 40 minutes, blended in blender, back onto the stove with salt, pepper, orange rind and orange juice from an orange from off of my orange tree. It was really good...the people that I knew who had it LOVED it.

I did some random name searches today of old friends. I searched my first boyfriend's name, and lo and behold I found his family blog! He has a son! Craziness! I am very happy for him. I was amazed at myself. A few years ago I would have hurt to see the pictures that were posted, but I am sincerely happy for him and his little family. They look very happy and cute.

That's all. I am tired. I can't believe I am still awake. Sleep! Sleep! Ah, there you are. Night!

No comments: