Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sabbath

My Sunbeams were just as crazy as usual. Each one is soooo different. I had 5 today. I am getting 5 more often than not now, where when I first was called I averaged 3, so that's a good sign. I discovered today that although the craziest of my kids is bouncing off the wall the whole time and making it very difficult for me to teach the other ones anything, he really is listening. We talked about being reverent today. The story from the scriptures we used was Moses and the burning bush, and how Moses was commanded to remove the shoes from his feet to show reverence. To see if they had actually heard the story amid all the craziness of one the Sunbeams, I asked the question "So how did Moses show reverence?" and "Why did Moses remove his shoes?" Well, the one Sunbeam who just is so full of energy, he stopped, looked me in the eye and answered both of those questions like a pro. I about cried for joy to know that he heard the stories, and I have to believe it wasn't anything I did, but that it was the Lord.
--------------------------------------------------------
Another cousin joined the crew of bloggers. She is actually my second cousin, Marla. My Mom and her Mom are first cousins (for the cousins who check in on my blog, it's Pat's daughter). She is totally awesome and cool, especially right now cause she is IN Israel doing all kinds of cool stuff like doing an archaeological dig, going on a boat on the Sea of Galilee, seeing all those sites that we read about in the Bible. Yeah, she is pretty much the coolest person in the world right now.
-------------------------------------------------------
Spirit said move your records into the University 6th Ward. So come January 1st, 2008 I will be leaving my family ward and going to the singles ward. It's changed a lot, there are some oldtimers still around but a lot of the people in the ward are new. New Bishopric, although the first counselor was in the old Bishopric when I was there. It will be good I think.
--------------------------------------------------------
Should I take a sick day tomorrow? We will see how I feel in the morning. I am not sick, but I am sick and tired of the commute, the gossiping, etc. I have been put on a couple of 'special projects' lately, so that is good, and I think I may be put on another this week, but...I mean, I still get paid if I take a sick day. :) Eh, maybe next week.

No comments: